Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sewing books to check out

     Well, I didn't fall off the planet, I promise. I went out of town for the Fourth and since returning have been trying to catch up on all the fun things like laundry and such...not a whole lot that might be all that interesting to my bloggy friends.
     I do want to share this with those of you who are sewers though. A few weeks back I purchased this book.


     It is full of simple, but very cute outfits. I don't think there is a single thing I wouldn't want to wear in this book!
     The other one I bought was this one.
     It is full of things to sew for kids, from toys to clothes. Again, I think I'd make one of everything in there!
     I bought them with goal in mind of teaching myself to sew off of a pattern. I don't like patterns and never have managed to make a single thing from one. I realize that my sewing would probably improve greatly if I did though. These two books have super clear instuctions with lots of pictures so I am hopeful I will learn a lot from them.
    


No comments:

Post a Comment