Monday, July 25, 2011

Ugly Duckling Monday

      Happy Monday! It has been quite rainy lately which has slowed down my latest project just a tad. I don't mind the rain a bit, but I need sun if I'm going to paint outside. While I don't have anything completed just yet, I thought I'd show you a simply amazing piece of art work I purchased today.
     You see, it popped into my head this morning that the little lady needed a chalk board in her room. Being my typically impatient self, I pretended the dirty dishes and laundry were invisible, and dashed out in the pouring rain to search for something to use to make one. I found exactly what I needed at my local thrift store. I'm having a hard time deciding if I really want to paint over it though...I mean wouldn't you??


      Just kidding, relax! I mean, I am all about country decor, but this is way, waaaaaaaay past that line! I think there might have been a good reason they were selling this for only $6! No offense if geese are your thing, they just aren't mine so much. At any rate, I'm quite confident these geese will like being a chalk board much better! At six dollars for a huge canvas and wood frame, I simply couldn't beat that at any sale at any craft store! I thought it might be fun to hang it in my house and pretend I was going to leave it there when my hubby got home from work....the facial expression would be priceless! =) I'm not that good of a lier, so I don't think I could pull it off without laughing.
      I also found some pretty frames in my wanderings over the weekend.


     What? Gold and bright purple aren't pretty to you?! They will be very shortly, just wait and see.
     I think the sun is starting to peek out from the clouds so I'm off to play with paint!...and maybe the dishes and laundry eventually....maybe.

"The Joy of the Lord is your strength" Numbers 8:10

No comments:

Post a Comment