Monday, August 1, 2011

Pig Pickin' Cake


     As I've mentioned before, I am not a cook. If it takes more than thirty minutes to fix, I loose my interest super quickly.I don't share recipes on here too much, because there aren't too many I actually use, much less like.  But, as my mister so eloquently says, "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then." That's deep huh. I don't know exactly how this cake got its name, I'm assuming it must have been a favorite to take to pig pickings. The nicer name is Mandarin Orange cake. At any rate, it is easy to make, and very light and yummy to eat. It's about the only dessert that doesn't involve chocolate that I'd recommend. =) Here's how to make it.

1 (18.5 oz) yellow cake mix
1 (11 oz) can Mandarin oranges, juice reserved
4 eggs
1/4 C vegetable oil
1 (16 oz) package frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (15oz) can crushed pineapple, drained
1 (3.5 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix

1. Mix together cake mix, canned oranges with juice, eggs, and oil. (I like to reserve a few oranges to garnish the top) Pour batter into three greased and floured 8inch round pans. Layers will be thin.

2. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cake tests done, Cool layers.

3. Mix together whipped topping, drained pineapple, and instant pudding mix. Fill and frost the cooled cake. Refrigerate until ready to eat.

      I always have some of the topping left over...it makes a great dip for gram crackers, pretzels or fruit. Enjoy!



"And having food and rainment, let us be therewith content." I Tim 6:8

3 comments:

  1. I'm truly enjoying the design and layout of your site. It'ѕ a vеry eаѕу on the еyes ωhich makes іt much morе enjοyable fοr
    me tο сome herе and visit more often.

    Diԁ yοu hiгe out a designer to сreate yоur themе?
    Excellent worκ!

    Feel frеe to viѕit my web ѕite: garden center signs

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife made this and it was delicious and she WILL be making it again, if I am a good boy. LOL Thanks for sharing and I enjoyed reading you comments too.

    ReplyDelete