Monday, January 30, 2012

Quick and simple wall art

     Happy Monday! Mondays are my least favorite day, so I'm just going to pretend it's a happy day. I made some super simple wall art, the other day, to add to my wall of white. It all started when I saw this picture on the Pottery Barn website.


         I thought the simplistic white on white was lovely. A $100 for it though...mmm not so lovely. Thankfully, I had just the thing to make my own. I had a cupboard door left over from this project and, I picked up some wooden letters from Walmart.


      I glued on the letters, painted the whole thing black, painted it white, and distressed it.


      For it costing me less than $5, I'm pretty satisfied. I also grabbed a cheap canvas. and painted some numbers on it for another piece of easy "art".


       My wall still has plenty of room for more, but I like adding things here and there as I get ideas.


       Have a grand week and don't forget to have a little "joy" today! =)

Psalms 51:8 Make me to hear joy and gladness;

linking to:
Kammys Korner
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Oooooo I didn't even know they had wooden letters at Walmart! Thanks for the tip and LOVE that gorgeous sign!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NEAT! And I like (LOVE) yours better than the PB one! What an awesome wall!

    ReplyDelete