Sunday, October 7, 2012

Tell a story...


       Every person has a story, don't they? Places they've been, experiences, talents...it's all what makes an individual just that, an individual. Have you ever stopped to think how your home reflects your story? Have you ever thought how your work reflects your story? Have you ever considered if your story is worth telling? You are telling it, you know. Your kids will learn it, your coworkers, spouse, friends and even passing acquaintances will hear it. (oh yes, and all those fine folks who read your blog!)


       My mister just finished up nine years in the Marine Corps. We are starting a new chapter with a new job, new state, new (to us) home, new church, and new friends. Worried, excited, stressed, sad, super happy, and deeply grateful would be the words I'd use to sum up how I feel about all this. Our story certainly hasn't been a boring one so far!


       My goal for the new house (whichever one we end up getting!) will be for it to tell a story. I want to give it a unique feel that reflects the four unique individuals who will be living in it. I want it to speak to people when they step inside. I want it tell our story. How do you do that?  I think that it is done by turning the "every day" into "art"


      I believe that God is very much involved with every aspect of my life, and I believe He loves me deeply. I don't believe that there are any "oopsies" in my story. The humdrum aspects of life can be beautiful.


      Just like shoes. It's all a matter of perspective.

thought provoking

  
Isaiah 40:28   Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary?there is no searching of his understanding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment